- About CAA
- Asbestos Related Disease
- What Is Asbestos?
- What is Mesothelioma?
- Treatment of Mesothelioma
- What is Asbestosis?
- What is Pleural Plaque, Pleural Thickening & Benign Pleural Disease?
- What is Asbestos-related Lung Cancer?
- Information for Those Diagnosed
- Information for Families
- Information for the Medical Profession
- Self-management Toolkit
- Managing Your Asbestos Related Condition – Video
- Sign our petition: Remove Asbestos from Scottish Schools
- My wife Sandra – The story of a schoolgirl, wife and mother who died from asbestos related cancer aged just 52
- Asbestos Management in Schools
- Compensation & Benefits
- Mesothelioma Compensation
- Asbestos- related Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit & State (government) Compensation
- Other State (government) Benefits
- The Pneumoconiosis etc. (Workers Compensation) Act 1979
- Diffuse Mesothelioma Scheme 2008
- Diffuse Mesothelioma Payment Scheme (DMPS) 2014
- Civil Compensation
- Pleural Plaques Compensation
- Armed Services Compensation
- Expatriates & Asbestos – Related Benefits & Compensation
- Power of Attorney, Appointees & Representatives
- Procurator Fiscal & Coroner – Asbestos related deaths
- Wills, Probate and Inheritance
- Help Us
- Support Us / Donate
- Donate with a Fundraising Event
- Make a one off Donation in Memory
- Create a page in Memory of a Loved One
- Donate by Cash, Cheque, or Card
- Donate Regularly/Direct Debit
- Donate by Legacy/Leave a Gift in your Will
- Donate by Payroll
- Gift Aid Declaration, Sponsorship & Standing Order Forms
- Membership of CAA
Sharon Chapman is fundraising for CAA on behalf of her stepdad Gus Cameron by running in one 10k race & two half marathons. All here at CAA would like to pass on our deepest appreciation and admiration for taking on not 1 but 3 challenges!!! We hope you recover quickly. Here’s why Sharon decided to fundraise for CAA:
My dear stepdad Gus or Go-Go as we called him, he was a joiner to trade and had worked for a few days with Asbestos when he was approximately 20 years old. In December 2011 Go-Go developed a cough and put it down to a cold. Unfortunately after seeking medical advice our hard working loving Go-Go was diagnosed with Mesothelioma, cancer caused by Asbestos. Sadly he was an invalid until he died 11 months later this terrible disease claimed our beloved Go-Go, much loved husband Dad and Grandad, who we miss terribly.
“So please dig deep and donate to this fantastic charity who fight relentlessly for people suffering with Asbestos related illness’s.”
Thank you, Sharon
Click here to donate to CAA via Sharon’s JusGiving page.
Compensation and Benefits