- About CAA
- Asbestos Related Disease
- What Is Asbestos?
- What is Mesothelioma?
- Treatment of Mesothelioma
- What is Asbestosis?
- What is Pleural Plaque, Pleural Thickening & Benign Pleural Disease?
- What is Asbestos-related Lung Cancer?
- Information for Those Diagnosed
- Information for Families
- Information for the Medical Profession
- Self-management Toolkit
- Managing Your Asbestos Related Condition – Video
- Sign our petition: Remove Asbestos from Scottish Schools
- My wife Sandra – The story of a schoolgirl, wife and mother who died from asbestos related cancer aged just 52
- Asbestos Management in Schools
- Compensation & Benefits
- Mesothelioma Compensation
- Asbestos- related Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit & State (government) Compensation
- Other State (government) Benefits
- The Pneumoconiosis etc. (Workers Compensation) Act 1979
- Diffuse Mesothelioma Scheme 2008
- Diffuse Mesothelioma Payment Scheme (DMPS) 2014
- Civil Compensation
- Pleural Plaques Compensation
- Armed Services Compensation
- Expatriates & Asbestos – Related Benefits & Compensation
- Power of Attorney, Appointees & Representatives
- Procurator Fiscal & Coroner – Asbestos related deaths
- Wills, Probate and Inheritance
- Help Us
- Support Us / Donate
- Donate with a Fundraising Event
- Make a one off Donation in Memory
- Create a page in Memory of a Loved One
- Donate by Cash, Cheque, or Card
- Donate Regularly/Direct Debit
- Donate by Text Message
- Donate by Legacy/Leave a Gift in your Will
- Donate by Payroll
- Gift Aid Declaration, Sponsorship & Standing Order Forms
- Membership of CAA
Audrey was a GP who contracted mesothelioma after being exposed to asbestos whilst working as a junior doctor at Belvedere Hospital, Glasgow. She retired from practice when she was diagnosed, and spent time working with medical students at The University of Glasgow, and volunteering with Clydeside Action on Asbestos. She passed away on 13 March 2013. Her friend Elaine Murphy created a JustGiving page in her memory:
I’m collecting on behalf of all who knew Audrey for Clydeside Action on Asbestos because this could help ease the suffering of others
All here at CAA are devastated by the death of our much loved friend and colleague Audrey Crawford (Finnegan). She was an inspiration to all of us and will leave a void in all our lives. We would like to offer our heartfelt thanks to Audrey’s family and friends for donating to Clydeside Action on Asbestos in her memory, raising funds to help ease the suffering of others.
You can donate to CAA in Audrey’s memory by visiting Elaine’s JustGiving page.
Compensation and Benefits
- Company fined following unlicensed asbestos removal from primary school 12 March 2018A construction company has been fined after it carried out unsafe and unlicensed asbestos removal during the refurbishment works in a junior school in Dursley.HSE
- Updated online Asbestos Essentials for Non-Licensed work with asbestos 18 September 2017Asbestos Essentials online task sheets provide information for those in the building maintenance and allied trades on safe work with asbestos. The suite of free-to-download HSE Asbestos Essentials task sheets has been reviewed and updated. There is more emphasis on the importance of appropriate information, instruction and training. The sheets now indicate whether specific tasks […]HSE
- Company fined following unlicensed asbestos removal from primary school 12 March 2018