- About CAA
- Asbestos Related Disease
- What Is Asbestos?
- What is Mesothelioma?
- Treatment of Mesothelioma
- What is Asbestosis?
- What is Pleural Plaque, Pleural Thickening & Benign Pleural Disease?
- What is Asbestos-related Lung Cancer?
- Information for Those Diagnosed
- Information for Families
- Information for the Medical Profession
- Self-management Toolkit
- Managing Your Asbestos Related Condition – Video
- Sign our petition: Remove Asbestos from Scottish Schools
- My wife Sandra – The story of a schoolgirl, wife and mother who died from asbestos related cancer aged just 52
- Asbestos Management in Schools
- Compensation & Benefits
- Mesothelioma Compensation
- Asbestos- related Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit & State (government) Compensation
- Other State (government) Benefits
- The Pneumoconiosis etc. (Workers Compensation) Act 1979
- Diffuse Mesothelioma Scheme 2008
- Diffuse Mesothelioma Payment Scheme (DMPS) 2014
- Civil Compensation
- Pleural Plaques Compensation
- Armed Services Compensation
- Expatriates & Asbestos – Related Benefits & Compensation
- Power of Attorney, Appointees & Representatives
- Procurator Fiscal & Coroner – Asbestos related deaths
- Wills, Probate and Inheritance
- Help Us
- Support Us / Donate
- Donate with a Fundraising Event
- Make a one off Donation in Memory
- Create a page in Memory of a Loved One
- Donate by Cash, Cheque, or Card
- Donate Regularly/Direct Debit
- Donate by Text Message
- Donate by Legacy/Leave a Gift in your Will
- Donate by Payroll
- Gift Aid Declaration, Sponsorship & Standing Order Forms
- Membership of CAA
Once again I will be supporting Clydeside Action on Asbestos in memory of my Grandfather Andy & my Uncle Bill who have both died from the asbestos related cancer Mesothelioma. My father currently suffers from pleural plaques which is also caused by exposure to asbestos.
As an honorary member of this charity I am looking forward to adding to the monies already raised by my family which is currently in excess of £6000.
Asbestos-related diseases are predicted to rise to about 10,000 deaths a year in Britain. There is usually a long delay between first exposure to Asbestos & the onset of Asbestos related diseases. This can be up to 40 years after first exposure & can be caused by a single fibre.The vast majority of those now suffering with Asbestos related illnesses were exposed to Asbestos in the 1940’s to 1980’s. Unfortunately in the future you will all most likely be aware of someone who will suffer from this, if you don’t already.
This will be my first attempt at running a distance greater than 10K & due to injury will be my first race of this year.
Should you wish to make a donation please visit the link below or alternatively if you would prefer to donate in person I will have some sponsor forms available at my desk.
Many thanks for your continued support & if you happen to be in the Glasgow area on the day please come & cheer me & the other competitors on our way.
Compensation and Benefits
- Company fined following unlicensed asbestos removal from primary school 12 March 2018A construction company has been fined after it carried out unsafe and unlicensed asbestos removal during the refurbishment works in a junior school in Dursley.HSE
- Updated online Asbestos Essentials for Non-Licensed work with asbestos 18 September 2017Asbestos Essentials online task sheets provide information for those in the building maintenance and allied trades on safe work with asbestos. The suite of free-to-download HSE Asbestos Essentials task sheets has been reviewed and updated. There is more emphasis on the importance of appropriate information, instruction and training. The sheets now indicate whether specific tasks […]HSE
- Company fined following unlicensed asbestos removal from primary school 12 March 2018