Each year in the UK, at least 5000 people die from an asbestos-related disease. That is 100 individuals and families each and every week whose lives are devastated by this terrible condition.
A donation to Action on Asbestos allows us to provide much needed practical advice, support and assistance through our comprehensive welfare rights service and emotional support through or support groups all across Scotland.
It allows us to fund two nurses working within the NHS, providing specialist care for those diagnosed with an asbestos-related disease and their families.
Action on Asbestos is a self-funding charity. Our work can only continue if we receive voluntary donations from the public. You can help our service by donating, safely and securely, online via JustGiving or by contacting us directly, in one of the following ways:
- By giving a one-off donation
- By setting up a regular monthly donation, standing order or direct debit
- Fundraising through sponsored events or to remember a loved one
- Make a one-off donation in memory of a loved one
- Payroll giving (regular donation from your salary)
- Leaving a legacy donation (leaving a donation in your will)
- By taking out a Membership for Action on Asbestos
Our supporters do amazing things to raise funds for Action on Asbestos. You can view some of them here: Fundraisers
Please contact us with any questions regarding donations or fundraising for us: