- About CAA
- Asbestos Related Disease
- What Is Asbestos?
- What is Mesothelioma?
- Treatment of Mesothelioma
- What is Asbestosis?
- What is Pleural Plaque, Pleural Thickening & Benign Pleural Disease?
- What is Asbestos-related Lung Cancer?
- Information for Those Diagnosed
- Information for Families
- Information for the Medical Profession
- Self-management Toolkit
- Managing Your Asbestos Related Condition – Video
- Sign our petition: Remove Asbestos from Scottish Schools
- My wife Sandra – The story of a schoolgirl, wife and mother who died from asbestos related cancer aged just 52
- Asbestos Management in Schools
- Compensation & Benefits
- Mesothelioma Compensation
- Asbestos- related Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit & State (government) Compensation
- Other State (government) Benefits
- The Pneumoconiosis etc. (Workers Compensation) Act 1979
- Diffuse Mesothelioma Scheme 2008
- Diffuse Mesothelioma Payment Scheme (DMPS) 2014
- Civil Compensation
- Pleural Plaques Compensation
- Armed Services Compensation
- Expatriates & Asbestos – Related Benefits & Compensation
- Power of Attorney, Appointees & Representatives
- Procurator Fiscal & Coroner – Asbestos related deaths
- Wills, Probate and Inheritance
- Help Us
- Support Us / Donate
- Donate with a Fundraising Event
- Make a one off Donation in Memory
- Create a page in Memory of a Loved One
- Donate by Cash, Cheque, or Card
- Donate Regularly/Direct Debit
- Donate by Text Message
- Donate by Legacy/Leave a Gift in your Will
- Donate by Payroll
- Gift Aid Declaration, Sponsorship & Standing Order Forms
- Membership of CAA
CAA, in conjunction with Alliance Scotland has produced a self management video for those diagnosed with an asbestos related condition.
The video aims to address the concern that many individuals have with breathlessness and anxiety which they may experience following a diagnosis of an asbestos related condition.
A DVD of the film is available from CAA free of charge. Should you wish a copy, please contact us.
PLAYLIST: (You can access each Chapter separately by clicking on the PLAYLIST: Top left of the Video)
Chapter 1: Introduction to Self-Management (5:51) Phyllis Craig MBE, Chair of CAA
Chapter 2: Asbestos-Related Conditions (3:58) Dr Hans Hartung, Consultant Respiratory Physician
Chapter 3: Managing Breathlessness (9:03) Beverley Gibson, Self Management Development Worker
Chapter 4: Gentle Exercises (7:47) Beverley Gibson, Self Management Development Worker
Chapter 5: Coping with Stress & Anxiety (10:01) Beverley Gibson, Self Management Development Worker