- About CAA
- Asbestos Related Disease
- What Is Asbestos?
- What is Mesothelioma?
- Treatment of Mesothelioma
- What is Asbestosis?
- What is Pleural Plaque, Pleural Thickening & Benign Pleural Disease?
- What is Asbestos-related Lung Cancer?
- Asbestos Legacy/Statistics
- Information for Those Diagnosed
- Information for Families
- Information for the Medical Profession
- Self-management Toolkit
- Managing Your Asbestos Related Condition – Video
- Sign our petition: Remove Asbestos from Scottish Schools
- My wife Sandra – The story of a schoolgirl, wife and mother who died from asbestos related cancer aged just 52
- Asbestos Management in Schools
- Compensation & Benefits
- Mesothelioma Compensation
- Asbestos- related Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit & State (government) Compensation
- Other State (government) Benefits
- The Pneumoconiosis etc. (Workers Compensation) Act 1979
- Diffuse Mesothelioma Scheme 2008
- Diffuse Mesothelioma Payment Scheme (DMPS) 2014
- Civil Compensation
- Pleural Plaques Compensation
- Armed Forces Compensation
- Expatriates & Asbestos – Related Benefits & Compensation
- Power of Attorney, Appointees & Representatives
- Procurator Fiscal & Coroner – Asbestos related deaths
- Wills, Probate and Inheritance
- Help Us
- Support Us / Donate
- Donate with a Fundraising Event
- Make a one off Donation in Memory
- Create a page in Memory of a Loved One
- Donate by Cash, Cheque, or Card
- Donate Regularly/Direct Debit
- Donate by Text Message
- Donate by Legacy/Leave a Gift in your Will
- Donate by Payroll
- Gift Aid Declaration, Sponsorship & Standing Order Forms
- Membership of CAA
Once again I will be supporting CAA Clydeside Action on Asbestos, this is the first time the Charity has been represented at the London Marathon & I am proud to be able to not only raise money on their behalf but also raise awareness of the valuable effort they provide to the many victims & their families in Aberdeen & throughout Scotland.
On a personal note I will be running in memory of my Grandfather Andy & my Uncle Bill who have both died from the incurable asbestos related cancer Mesothelioma. My father currently suffers from pleural plaques which are also caused by exposure to asbestos & like many other victims lives with the possibility that this could potentially develop into something more serious.
As an honorary member of this charity I am looking forward to adding to the monies I have already raised since 2011 which is currently in excess of £6,000.
At my age I have not set any targets for how long the run will take me but I would like to assure you that any donation is most appreciated & will be used to support victims & their families who suffer as a result of these terrible illnesses.
Should you wish to make a donation please visit the link or alternatively if you would prefer to donate in person I will have some sponsor forms available at my desk
Please remember donating through ‘Virgin Money Giving’ is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe they will never send them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they’ll send 100% of your money directly to the charity and make sure Gift Aid is reclaimed on every eligible donation by a UK taxpayer, so please remember to tick the Gift Aid box as it will give your donation an instant boost.
Kindest regards, Gary.