- About CAA
- Asbestos Related Disease
- What Is Asbestos?
- Asbestos Legacy/Statistics
- Asbestos in Schools
- What is Pleural Plaque & Benign Pleural Disease?
- What is Asbestosis?
- Self-management Toolkit
- What is Asbestos-related Lung Cancer?
- What is Mesothelioma?
- Treatment of Mesothelioma
- Information for Those Diagnosed
- Information for Families
- Power of Attorney, Appointees & Representatives
- Information for the Medical Profession
- Managing Your Asbestos Related Condition – Video
- Compensation & Benefits
- Mesothelioma Compensation
- Asbestos- related Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit & State (government) Compensation
- The Pneumoconiosis etc. (Workers Compensation) Act 1979
- Diffuse Mesothelioma Scheme 2008
- Diffuse Mesothelioma Payment Scheme (DMPS) 2014
- State (government) Benefits
- Civil Compensation
- Procurator Fiscal & Coroner – Posthumous Claims
- Wills, Probate and Inheritance
- Pleural Plaques Compensation
- Armed Forces Compensation
- Expatriates & Asbestos – Related Benefits & Compensation
- Help Us
- Support Us / Donate
- Donate with a Fundraising Event
- Make a one off Donation in Memory
- Create a page in Memory of a Loved One
- Donate by Cash, Cheque, or Card
- Donate Regularly/Direct Debit
- Donate by Text Message
- Donate by Legacy/Leave a Gift in your Will
- Donate by Payroll
- Gift Aid Declaration, Sponsorship & Standing Order Forms
- Membership of CAA
CAA, in conjunction with Alliance Scotland has produced a self management video for those diagnosed with an asbestos related condition.
The video aims to address the concern that many individuals have with breathlessness and anxiety which they may experience following a diagnosis of an asbestos related condition.
A DVD of the film is available from CAA free of charge. Should you wish a copy, please contact us.
PLAYLIST: (You can access each Chapter seperately by clicking on the PLAYLIST: Top left of the Video)
Chapter 1: Introduction to Self-Management (5:51) Phyllis Craig MBE, Chair of CAA
Chapter 2: Asbestos-Related Conditions (3:58) Dr Hans Hartung, Consultant Respiratory Physician
Chapter 3: Managing Breathlessness (9:03) Beverley Gibson, Self Management Development Worker
Chapter 4: Gentle Exercises (7:47) Beverley Gibson, Self Management Development Worker
Chapter 5: Coping with Stress & Anxiety (10:01) Beverley Gibson, Self Management Development Worker